Updated July 26
With more than 70 musical acts and more than 50 porches, Napa Porchfest 2012 takes place in neighborhoods all over the city July 29 from 2 to 5 p.m.
To help plan your Porchfest experience, here's a printable map of the porches with band names and performance times.
Find out much more about this year's Napa Porchfest at napa.patch.com/topics/napa-porchfest-2012
WHAT: Napa Porchfest 2012, a free festival of live music with more than 70 groups and soloists performing in many genres on porches in historic neighborhoods throughout the city of Napa.
WHEN: July 29, 2-5 p.m.
WHERE: On more than 50 porches in Napa. Maps are available at the , 1219 First St., and at 1210 First Street (both closed Monday).
WHO: Band photos and bios are posted on Napa Patch at napa.patch.com/topics/napa-porchfest-2012.
HOW TO ENJOY IT:
- Create a Porchfest itinerary to hear your favorite bands and music styles, or pick a neighborhood and stroll around to hear the different acts. With more than 70 bands performing in a three-hour period, you can’t lose either way.
- Park your car and walk or cycle from porch to porch: Motor vehicles are not advised.
- Wear sun protection, including a hat, and bring water. Alcohol is not permitted.
- Pack it in, pack it out: Napa Porchfest aims to be a zero-waste event.
- Public restroom locations are indicated on the map.
Napa Porchfest 2012 is sponsored by Napa County Landmarks, the Napa Valley Destination Council (DoNapa.com) and media sponsor Napa Patch.
Napa Porchfest is supported by Wildcat Vintage Clothing, the , dozens of homeowners, and hundreds of volunteer musicians and event hosts.
Musicians and presenters: Are your events listed in our calendar? Don't miss the chance to reach thousands of Napa readers on our home page and through our daily newsletter: Upload your event listings at napa.patch.com/events/new. It’s a free service for the community.