Sunday's Napa Porchfest promises to be an afternoon overflowing with music, with more than 70 groups performing in many genres on more than 50 porches in historic neighborhoods throughout the city between 2 and 5 p.m.
To get the most enjoyment out of this free three-hour festival, it's a good idea to have a plan before setting out on foot or by bike, or .
Porchfest co-founder Juliana Inman has created a printable map and three different programs for the event, sorted by performance time, band name and music genre.
You can download them all here, as well as bookmark them for reference on your smartphone during the event.
If you have the Pinterest app, Porchfest co-founder Louisa Hufstader has created a pinboard for this year's Porchfest where you can access all the most useful links: http://pinterest.com/louisahufstader/napa-porchfest-2012.
Printed maps are also available at the , 1219 First St., and at Porchfest co-founder and music coordinator Thea Witsil's at 1210 First Street.
How to enjoy Napa Porchfest:
- Create a Porchfest itinerary to hear your favorite bands and music styles, or pick a neighborhood and stroll around to hear the different acts. With more than 70 bands performing in a three-hour period, you can’t lose either way.
- Park your car and walk or cycle from porch to porch: Motor vehicles are not advised.
- Wear sun protection, including a hat, and bring water. Alcohol is not permitted.
- Pack it in, pack it out: Napa Porchfest aims to be a zero-waste event.
- Public restroom locations are indicated on the map.
Napa Porchfest 2012 is sponsored by , the Napa Valley Destination Council (DoNapa.com) and media sponsor Napa Patch.
Napa Porchfest is supported by Wildcat Vintage Clothing, the , dozens of homeowners, and hundreds of volunteer musicians and event hosts.
Musicians and presenters: Are your events listed in our calendar? Don't miss the chance to reach thousands of Napa readers on our home page and through our daily newsletter: Upload your event listings at napa.patch.com/events/new. It’s a free service for the community.