Do you like the outdoors?
Would you like to be part of a dedicated team of people who respond in a moment’s notice? Do you want to make a difference in your life and someone else’s?
The Napa County Sheriff’s Volunteer Search and Rescue Team is holding an open house on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at the Napa County Sheriff’s Office: 1535 Airport Blvd. Napa, CA 94558 at 7 p.m.
The Napa County Search and Rescue (SAR) Unit provides search and rescue services to all areas of Napa County and the surrounding San Francisco Bay Area.
The unit's mission is to locate and rescue victims in urban areas or wild lands, aircraft and in natural or man-made disasters. The team is always "mission ready" and available 24 hours a day.The team was started in 1992 and has a current authorized strength of 30 members.
Although administered by the Sheriff's Department, Napa County SAR is an official non-profit 501(c)(3) supported through grants and local donations. If you like the outdoors, like to help people,
· Reside or work in the County of Napa.
· Be a minimum of 14 ½ years of age
· Possess a valid California Driver’s License or California Identification card.
· Be of good moral character.
· Have no felony convictions or any criminal charges pending/ not be on probation for a crime.
· Not be a restrained party by any court order.
· Be willing to submit to a Live Scan fingerprint check. (paid for by the Sheriff's Dept.)
· Volunteers must successfully pass a background investigation.
Any questions can email: email@example.com