If you’re planning to visit downtown Napa on Aug. 27, you may wish to consider alternative transportation or park on the outskirts: The announced Monday that some downtown streets will be closed to vehicles for much of the day, while traffic on others could be affected by multiple events in the area.
The closures will accommodate the annual festival downtown.
A long-planned Tea Party rally at the and an in Veterans Memorial Park on Saturday is likely to slow traffic on the following streets, according to police:
- Silverado Trail from Soscol to Third: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Third Street from Soscol to Juarez: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Burnell Street from Third to Eighth: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
According to Napa police, the following street sections will be closed Saturday:
- First Street from Main to Franklin: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Randolph Street from First to Second: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Coombs Street from First to Second: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Police are advising motorists to plan their trips and expect heavy pedestrian traffic.