.

Chimney, Oven Fires Reported in Napa

A chimney fire on Lynn Drive Sunday night and an oven fire on Hemlock Street Monday morning caused no injuries or permanent damage, a Napa fire captain said.

A Napa family had to evacuate their home on Lynn Drive Sunday evening, when a fire started in the chimney, Napa Fire Capt. Steve Becker said.

Everyone made it out of the house unhurt, Becker added.

Firefighters arrived at about 8:15 p.m. and quickly doused the flames.

“When we got there, there were sparks and embers coming from the chimney,” Becker said.

“The fire was contained to the chimney, and there was no permanent damage to the home,” he added.

Becker said he strongly urges residents to have their chimneys cleaned and inspected before they start using their fireplaces and woodstoves this winter.

“It’s a good idea to do that at least once a year,” he said.

Another call to came at around 7 this morning, when Napa firefighters rolled to an oven fire in the 1200 block of Hemlock Street.

“When we got there, the fire had extinguished itself," Becker said.

“The homeowner did the right thing. He left the oven door shut and called the fire department.”

For all our latest fire coverage, please see our Fire Watch topic page at napavalley.patch.com/topics/Fire-Watch.

Stay Patched in! Follow Napa Valley Patch on Twitter | Like Napa Valley Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »