1. Hearts are singing in Napa today, the first day of the market season: The is back in swing, from 7:30 a.m. to noon each Tuesday and Saturday through October, and returns May 19. Don’t miss rounding up the summer season of concerts, festivals and more.
2. Do you blog in Napa? Would you like your blog to appear on our , which makes its debut tomorrow? Whether you’re an established blogger or just want to get started, please let me know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a head shot, brief bio and introductory post.
3. Established bloggers have the choice of cross-posting, creating new content or simply allowing us to link to the blog from our platform. New bloggers: It’s easy to become a Patch blogger—go ahead and start writing, send your headshot/bio/first post to me at email@example.com, and we’ll take it from there.
4. Either way, you’ll continue to own and control your content. You can republish, repost and sell whatever you create. We’ll just provide the opportunity for your work to reach more readers through Napa Patch and the Huffington Post. So if you have opinions, passions, a sports team or something else that matters to you, blog about it on Napa Patch!
5. The midday demonstration at turned out to be a low-key affair, with a half-dozen Bay Area activists stopping by as part of a weeklong march from San Francisco to Sacramento. The combined group of about 15 people and one dog marched across the campus to the McCarthy Library plaza, where they demonstrated as other students watched and ate lunch.