We're all watching our family budgets these days. Whether shopping with coupons or looking for two-for-one deals, we're taking advantage of all sorts of offers and savings that help us stretch our dollars.
This column is dedicated to giving you five great local deals each week that will help your family’s bottom line; and since we do the scouting for you, you can save time as well as money.
You are a big part of this column, too. Let us hear about the deals you've seen: Just add them to our comment box.
Then come back each week and see what we've uncovered together.
- Time's running out on that offer from , stylist-owner of , who's giving free haircuts to new customers until April 1. Call (707) 252-6455 for an appointment.
- has just announced its weekly specials, including Clover organic yogurt, Newman's Own pasta sauce, Star stuffed green olives, Paso Projects wines, Fog Lights cheese, Fresh Rocky Jr. boneless skinless chicken breasts, organic asparagus and organic Bartlett pears. View the circular in our gallery.
- With advance registration, you can take in a free cooking demonstration next week and learn to prepare "Dr. Fuhrman's Famous Cancer Fighting Soup" with chef Marina Kercher, the new culinary director for in Bel Aire Plaza. Sign up here for the March 31 class , which runs from 6 to 7:30 p.m. More info at http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/napa/.
- is serving fish and chips for $7.99 until Easter -- that's still more than a month away -- as well as $1 hot dogs on Tuesdays and on Thursdays, two tacos for $4.50.
- We're not going to see much sunshine from the sky this week, but and have some specials on the bottled and canned variety: 89-ounce jugs of Minute Maid orange juice and 12-ounce cans of Old Orchard Frozen 100% Juice are .99 for selected varieties through March 29; more info in stores or at raleys.com.