January has traditionally been a slow time for restaurants and hotels: After months of holiday celebrations stretching from Halloween to New Year's Day, consumers tend to snap their wallets shut and retrench, with a wary eye toward tax season ahead.
To lure reluctant diners back to the table, many Napa Valley restaurants and inns are taking part in January-only "Restaurant Month" specials on food, drink and lodging.
According to the Visit Napa Valley website, more than 40 businesses are taking part in Restaurant Month. Look for meal deals that dip well below $10 a course for a specified two- or three-course menu, but be aware that tax and tips are not included. Also, many specials are not offered on weekends. Contact the restaurants directly for details and reservations.
Napa and nearby
- Ristorante Allegria, 1026 First Street, Napa, (707) 254-8006: "Box Lunch" menu $15 with salad, entree and dessert (lunch only, smaller portions).
- Andaz Napa, 1450 First Street, Napa, (707) 687-1234, (800)233-1234, www.andaznapa.com: Friday Family Style Dinner at the Andaz Farmers Table with three-course pre fixe meals prepared by Executive Chef Sarah Linkeheil ad served at the "family table" every Friday night. $32 with wine pairings; seating limited.
- BarBersQ, 3900 D Bel Aire Plaza, Napa, (707) 224-6600: Lunch, $15 - $20; dinner: $25 - $30; weekly changing menu spotlights barbecue from around the world. Wines available by the glass and bottle.
- Bistro Don Giovanni, 4110 St. Helena Hwy, Napa, (707) 224-3300: Sunday through Thursday, three-course lunch menu $25; four-course dinner menu $40.
- Boon Fly Cafe at The Carneros Inn, 4048 Sonoma Highway, Napa, (707) 299-4972: Monday through Thursday a three-course dinner is $20.13. Napa Valley wines optional.
- Brix, 7377 St. Helena Hwy, Napa, (707) 944-2749: Two-course winter "Brix Fix" lunch special, $19, Monday through Friday 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Menu changes daily and includes glass of wine paired by Wine Director Jeff Creamer. Three-course winter "Brix Fix" dinner special available nightly 5-9 p.m., $38 with optional wine flight paired by Wine Director Jeff Creamer $15. Menu changes weekly.
- C CASA An Innovative Taqueria, 610 First Street, Suite 6, Napa (Oxbow Public Market), (707) 226-7700: Chicken Enchilada, made with Rotisserie Chicken, goat and Oaxacan cheese and topped with salsa and lime crema, C Chopped Salad with romaine, roasted red peppers, pumpkin seeds and queso fresco, and a Mexican Brownie: $10. Napa Valley wines available.
- Ca' Momi Enoteca, 644 First St (Oxbow Public Market), Napa, (707) 257-4992, www.camomienoteca.com: Lunch, panino with insalata mista and pasticcino: $17; Dinner, antipasto piccolo with pizza, tiramisu and a glass of Ca' Momi Winery wine: $37.
- Carpe Diem, 1001 Second Street, Napa, (707) 224-0800: Three-course dinner $38, optional Napa Valley wine pairing for $28. Guests of the Inn on First will also receive free corkage when dining.
- Celadon, 500 Main Street, Suite G, Napa, (707) 254-9690: Two-course lunch menu with selected glass of wine, $29.99; three-course dinner menu with selected glass of wine, $49.99.
- Compadres Rio Grille, 505 Lincoln Avenue, Napa, (707) 253-1111: Three-course meal, $20.13, wine pairing $13. Menu changes weekly.
- Cuvee Napa, 1650 Soscol Avenue, Napa, (707) 224-2330, www.cuveenapa.com: Four courses for $44.
- FARM at The Carneros Inn 4048 Sonoma Highway, Napa, (707) 299-4880, www.thecarnerosinn.comthecarnerosinnrestaurant_farm.aspx: Three-course prix fix dinner on Thursdays for $29. Optional: a wine list with over 200 Napa Valley wines by the bottle and several available by the glass, with a resident Wine Director to advise.
- Fish Story, 790 Main Street, Napa, (707) 251-5600, www.larkcreek.com: Lunch $14.95, two wine pairings $10.
- The Grill at Silverado Resort, 1600 Atlas Peak Road, Napa, (707) 257-0200, www.silveradoresort.comdiningthe-grill.asp: $25 dinner menu changing weekly: Week 1- Latin; Week 2- Italian; Week 3 - Farm to Table; Week 4 - French. $10 Napa Valley wine pairing for two courses.
- Kitchen Door, 610 First Street (Oxbow Public Market), Napa: Two course weekday lunch $20.13.
- La Toque, 1314 McKinstry Street, Napa, (707) 257-5157, latoque.com: three-course "Taste of La Toque" dinner menu Sunday through Thursday each week.
- Morimoto Napa, 610 Main Street, Napa, CA 94559, (707) 252-1600, www.morimotonapa.com: Two-course lunch and a non-alcoholic beverage for $20.
- Napa General Store, 540 Main Street, Napa, (707) 259-0762, www.napageneralstore.com: Two-course lunch menu for under $15; Napa Valley Wine tasting $15 for two people.
- Siena Restaurant at 875 Bordeaux Way, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 251-1900, www.themeritageresort.comsiena-restaurant.php: Two-course lunch $20.13; three-course dinner, $30; Napa Valley wine pairing: $14.
- Tarla Mediterranean Grill, 1480 First Street, Napa, (707) 255-5599, www.tarlagrill.com: Three-course dinner, $29. A Napa Valley wine pairing is offered for an additional charge. Menu changes weekly.
- Taste of the Himalayas, 376 Soscol Avenue, Napa, (707) 251-3840: Two-course lunch $15, three-course dinner $25.
- VINeleven at the Napa Valley Marriott, 3425 Solano Avenue, (707) 253-8600, www.napavalleymarriott.com/dining: Two-course lunch menu $15. Three-course dinner menu $40. Napa Valley wine pairings optional. Menu changes daily.
- Bistro Jeanty, 6510 Washington Street, Yountville, (707) 944-0103: Two-course lunch, $25; three-course dinner, $40.
- Lucy Restaurant & Bar at Bardessono 6526 Yount Street, Yountville, (707) 204-6030, www.lucyrestaurantandbar.com: Two-course lunch for $25; three-course dinner for $35; Napa Valley wine pairings optional.
- Mustards Grill, 7399 St. Helena Hwy, Yountville, (707) 944-24242: Two-course lunch menus under $15, with Napa Valley wine pairings optional; menu changes daily. Three-course Napa Valley dinner menu under $50, changing daily.
- Pacific Blues Cafe, 6525 Washington Street, Yountville, (707) 944-4455: Lunch item only: 1/2 order of roasted carnitas nachos to start, then a Blues Burger with garlic fries and glass of Napa Valley wine all for $20.
- Auberge du Soleil, 180 Rutherford Hill Road, (707) 963-1211, (800) 348-5406, www.aubergedusoleil.com: Mention “Napa Valley Restaurant Month” Jan. 14-31 to get a two-course prix fixe lunch menu for $20.13, in honor of the New Year. Lunch reservations encouraged.
- Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, 1327 Railroad Avenue, St. Helena, (707) 963-1200: Two-course comfort food lunch for under $15; three-course Napa Valley dinner for under $50, with Napa Valley wine pairings at an additional charge. Menu changes daily.
- Cindy Pawlcyn's Wood Grill & Wine Bar, 641 Main Street, St. Helena, (707) 963-07002: Two-course lunch menu for under $15. Three-course dinner for under $50. Wine pairings optional.
- Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch, 738 Main St., St. Helena, (707) 963-9181, www.farmsteadnapa.com: Lunch - soup and roast beef sandwich, $19; special menu every Tuesday: three-course dinner $35, alternating between chicken fried steak and fried chicken as the main course. Family Night Menu every Monday: three-course meal for $28, add a glass of Long Meadow Ranch sauvignon blanc for $7.
- Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America, 2555 Main Street, St. Helena, (707) 967-1100: Four-course price fixe menu daily after Jan. 17: Lunch menu between $15 and $30, dinner menu between $25 and $50. Optional ine pairings with each course.
- All Seasons Bistro, 1400 Lincoln Ave., Calistoga, (707) 942-9111: Two-course lunch with selections from the chefs, $16; three-course dinner with selections from the chefs, $26. Receive a discount with the purchase of a Napa Valley wine.
- Barolo, 1457 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, (707) 942-9900: Three-course chef's menu $30, Napa Valley wine pairing $20.
- Brannan's Grill, 1374 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, (707) 942-2233: Three-course prixe fixe menu including choice of shared appetizers and entrees with Chef's choice dessert: $30, wine pairing optional.
- Bosko's Trattoria, 1364 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, (707) 942-9088: Three-course dinner for two including salad, entree, and dessert: Share a fresh salad, choose one entree for both, and share a house-made dessert for $45. Show your key from local Calistoga lodging and get any bottle of Napa Valley wine at retail prices.
- Checkers Restaurant, 1414 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, (707) 942-4308: Lunch and dinner specials.
For all the mouthwatering details on Restaurant Month deals in the Napa Valley, and to book reservations using Open Table, visit http://www.visitnapavalley.com/napa_valley_restaurant_month.htm
Stay Patched in! Follow Napa Valley Patch on Twitter | Like Napa Valley Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views.