As part of Napa Valley’s annual Arts in April, various Calistoga art galleries and wineries are hosting events featuring art, wine and music -- and fun for all.
- Sterling Vineyards will be hosting throughout April three local artists: contemporary figurative and abstract artist Jim Lively, mixed media artist and interior designer Vaso Peritos, and Candy Chang, creator of the original “Before I Die” wall that has inspired new walls in 65 additional countries and 30 languages.
- Up Valley Vintners will celebrate with 10 percent off all wine and art purchased during the month.
- Bennett Lane Winery will feature for the month the work of Travis Elder will be featured with Celestial Roots: Revealing the Sacred. Arts in April guests at the winery will receive 10 percent off wine purchases.
- The Calistoga art gallery stroll is Saturday, April 26 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Ca’Toga Galleria de Art, Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Resort, Carmel Gallery, Lee Youngman Gallery, Mount View Hotel, the Gallery at Indian Springs and Up Valley Vintners will have live music, wine tasting and various meet-the-artist activities. Up Valley Vintners will continue the fun with music and wine by the glass from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Envy Wines invites guests to share a glass of wine and explore Blue Horse Studios, the creative world of artist-in-residence, Sherri Carter, from Friday, April 25 to Sunday, April 27. In addition to Carter’s featured works, she will also be pouring her boutique wine brand, Ruby Kurant. Envy will be pouring special wines as well.
- Arts in April explorers can visit Castello di Amorosa to meet Italian-born artist Fabio Sanzogni on Friday, April 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., as he demonstrates his technique of frescoes by painting Castello’s Great Hall.
- The morning of Saturday, April 26, guests will have the rare opportunity to tour Villa Ca’Toga, the residence of Carlo Marchiori. The large property features a large salon and six other rooms fully decorated in trompe l’oeil frescoes, as well as gardens, pools, statues, fountains, Roman ruins and more. To reserve a spot on the tour, call (707) 942-3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Calistoga Art Center will host a daytime exhibit of original artwork donated by local artists, followed by an evening reception, on Saturday, April 26. The daytime exhibit is 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Guests can meet local artists and attend hands-on art workshops and demonstrations. Admission to the exhibit is free.
- Jericho Canyon Vineyards will host artist Ira Yeager for an intimate reception on Sunday, April 27 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., which will celebrate Yeager’s Indian portrait series. There will be a suggested donation of $20 per person, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefitting Napa Valley Hospice & Adult Day Services. To RSVP, call (707) 331-9076 or email@example.com.
For additional details about Calistoga’s Arts in April celebrations or to plan your trip, visit VisitCalistoga.com.