1. This week’s Napa Patch office hours are today from 4 to 6 p.m. at in the and Thursday from 7 to 9 a.m. at in the Bel Aire Plaza shopping center. Please come join me if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, or if you just want to hang out. (I’ll be the one with a Patch logo on my MacBook.) Questions? 707-227-9862, twitter.com/NapaCAPatch.
2. Have you checked out “Retrospect Revisited” at the on First Street? Local artists’ individual responses to Napa history include Suzanne Utaski Gibbs’ energetic oil “Napa Town Center” (think plein air meets Mondriaan); Theresa Comstock’s “Winged Monkey on Horse Trough” (depicting the legendary Rebob, a folk creature of rural Napa); David Emmerich's mixed-media tribute to a long-gone Napa pharmacy and other intriguing works. The show is free but you can (and should) buy a raffle ticket to win your favorite piece of art. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. at 1219 First St., napahistory.org.
3. It’s Wednesday and that means Trivia Night at , 1126 First Street, starting at 8:30 p.m. Find out what everyone's tweeting about, join a team and discover that night life in Napa is no longer an oxymoron.
4. Here’s an easy way to volunteer for Napa and the planet, from the Napa Valley Vine Trail: “Want to help us talk about the Vine Trail at this Saturday (4-23)? We have the table from 11-5 on 3rd St. near Coombs. You can book on for all day or a couple of hours. No special Vine Trail knowledge req'd--you will learn on the job.” Contact firstname.lastname@example.org; find out more at http://www.vinetrail.org.
5. Community groups, are you posting your events and announcements on Napa Patch? Our calendar is free for non-profit and personal postings, and Napa Patch is as easy to use as Facebook. Volunteer announcements are also free, as are our classified ads. Take advantage of our ever-increasing readership to reach more people in Napa and beyond!