This is the big year - the 24th Annual Chocolate & Wine Event.
Chocolate, Wine, Symphony & Amazing Foods - this event is bigger, better and offers you more than you ever dreamed - in one location, on one date in Napa at the very lovely Westin-Verasa!
The event has been pulled together this year to offer you new, exciting fun for your Sunday afternoon!
- 28 Chocolatiers serving you the finest morsels for your taste buds
- 32 Wineries paired with Chocolates to dazzle your senses
- The Napa Valley Symphony playing in two rooms to soothe your mood
- Ken Frank,'LaToque' offering appetizers to excite your palate.
- 400 guests - you will be joining us, yes?
- Benefits Napa Foster Kids, not a dime leaves Napa County!
- Napa Valley Swim Team will honor us as support & bussing tables
- Napa Women's Club will assist you for the Silent Auction Event
As always, the Napa Foster Kids benefit 100% from money raised. There is no staff and not a dime is spent on postage or gas - it goes to help those in the greatest need. Some examples are:
* In Napa two weeks ago, 10 children entered the system. Through NO FAULT of their own, their family fell apart and the foster homes were there to help!
* As more families lose jobs and homes, there is more need for foster care - sad but true, in the most difficult of times, life becomes more difficult and kids are impacted. Glad we have amazing homes for them!
* In Napa, we have about 200 children in out-of-home care. Your generosity helps us offer kids enriching experiences.
* Last year, due to your generosity, we hosted an amazing Holiday Party for 200 children plus and all-County Birthday Party in March for each foster child; also, a bus trip to the snow - some got off the bus and laid right down in it as it was their FIRST time to see and feel snow (snow is not a right of passage, but if we can offer this trip due to your amazing generosity, think how much richer a child's life is because they had this experience!!); a summer BBQ and swim party and the well-attended 4 day camping trip to Olema Ranch by Point Reyes - the highlight of the year and the chance to teach the kids life skills, camping, eating outdoors, using soft voices, games and no technology.
In summary - let me tell you that your amazing Napa County Foster Parents are stellar - among the ONLY foster homes in the State of CA that have never been prosecuted for misconduct. We are a small county and we enter each and every home and work with ever foster parent. We are small and in that we can personally know each foster family. You are blessed to be a part of a County Program with such amazing and stellar foster parents as well as incredible County Staff that really do their job. The County visits in the homes ~ they know the families and pay attention to the children in care.
Overall - if you woke up today and were not sure what to be proud of or what to celebrate - think of the Napa Foster Children, their amazing Foster Parents and the admirable job of the County Social Workers headed up by Linda Canan. That is a good start.
Next please calendar the Chocolate & Wine Event on Oct 23rd at the Westin-Verasa in Napa at 3pm. It will be a fun day for you and will bless a child's life forever.
If you cannot attend - please send us a donation - we really need the help - this has been a difficult year - as you know! Any $5.00 or more is huge to us and goes a long way in an organization that passes 100% on to benefit the kids - no personnel and no payments of gas. Just the kids.
Buy your tickets or make a donation at one of these amazing Napa Merchants:
Creations by You, 3341 Solano Avenue, in the Vallergas Shopping Plaza Vintage Sweet Shoppe, 530 Main Street in the Historic Napa Mill Buildings Helen Lyall Clothes for Women, 650 Main Street, just North of the Napa Mill Uncorked at Oxbow, 605 First Street, across from the Oxbow Public Market
Please help spread the word, I look forward to seeing you at the Westin-Verasa, Oct 23rd at 3pm - what an amazing and fun day! I love how Napa loves Foster Kids - you are one awesome community!
Hugs Doris Gentry
If you have any questions, thoughts or comments, please call!
Doris Gentry, President
Napa County Family & Foster Parent Association Fed Tax ID # - 68-0414371 ~ Non-Profit, 501 (C) 3 Corporation
1025 Banbury Ct, Napa CA 94558
Phone 707.483.6811 – Fax – 707.258.1249
Email – email@example.com
More Chocolate & Wine Details are below, including the partial list of Wineries and Chocolatiers! Keep Reading!!
24th Annual Chocolate and Wine
Westin Verasa Napa
Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 - 3pm
Doris Gentry, Chair
THIS is our 24th Annual Chocolate & Wine tasting event on Sunday, October 23rd at the Westin Verasa Napa. This wonderful event benefits the Napa County Family & Foster Parent Association and the Child Abuse Prevention Council.
Historically, this event attracts chocolate & wine lovers from the Bay Area. We expect over 400 to attend. Catered by Ken Frank, chef of La Toque restaurant, the venue will be at the Westin Verasa. It’s the combination of the regions finest wines, best chocolates, and the desire to support the well-being of our children that makes this event so special. We typically have 25 wineries and 25 chocolatiers serving. Chef Ken will be serving gourmet sandwiches, charcuterie’s & chilled soup.
The Napa County Foster Parents have, for over 50 years, led the way in building awareness, providing education, and inspiring hope to those involved in the effort of preventing child abuse and neglect and thus breaking the cycle of violence that occurs from generation to generation.
Below is a partial list of confirmed wineries and chocolatiers donating to this cause - this is a major Napa event - you will have a GREAT time.
Valet parking is at the front door of the Westin for your convenience. Also, we have over 50 interns during the party to help make your day with us enjoyable and fun.
We thank you for for supporting Napa Foster Kids and for attending.
Below are wineries that have confirmed pouring for this year. (Partial List)
Ahnfeldt Wines/Carducci Wines
Castello di Amorosa
Chimney Rock Winery
Conn Creek (Stimson)
Francis Ford Coppola
Grgich Hills Cellars
Napa Smith Brewery
Stimson Lane (Sparkling)
Chocolatiers confirmed include: (Partial List)
Annie The Baker
Ben & Jerry's
Chocolate Curtain (Fountain)
Compadres Rio Grille
Fume Bistro and Bar
Harry and David
Just Cakin' It
Killer Baking Co
Napa Valley Fudge Company
NewTree Gourmet Belgian Chocolate
Penelope Jane Wedding Cakes
Sampas - Brazilian Gourmet Food
Simply Sinful Candy
Vintage Sweet Shoppe