- Nobody cheered when Dick Mullins passed away last summer. He was a good guy, and his community-building legacies bear that out: Last week at the , local nonprofits including the and received generous checks from Mullins’s estate that will help them make a difference in the lives of countless fellow Napans. You, too, can leave a legacy of caring support for the causes that matter to you: Check out the and find out more by writing email@example.com.
- Speaking of legacies: If you’re noticing about 100 new trees in this week, thank the , Greg Molina and all the other volunteers who planted those saplings on Saturday to honor the Earth and provide more shade for dogs, humans and horses in the city’s most welcoming park. (Who’s up for annual photo ops with the volunteers as their trees grow tall and wide?)
- Speaking of community: The is in Calistoga for this month’s regular monthly meeting, Monday from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Sharpsteen Museum. Sharpsteen President-elect Sue Mauro will speak and the commission’s agenda includes governance structure, the next round of county arts grants supported by hotel taxes and the commission's new website: www.napacountycommissionforartsandculture.org. (Kindly forgive the short notice, but know that I’m heading up there for the meeting and will live-blog what I can right here in the comments box.)
- Speaking of blogging: Who wants to be a Napa Patch blogger? We are “signing up” some dynamic folks with lots to say – you could be one of them. It all starts Wednesday, so hit me with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. All topics are open! This is a terrific opportunity to open Napa Patch up to some of the subjects we haven’t covered editorially, including wine and Upvalley.
- If you’re already blogging in Napa, consider this my personal request to allow Napa Patch to link and lead readers to your blog. But if you’d rather not be included in our “Local Voices” module featured on the Napa Patch home page, email@example.com will make sure that happens: Just email me if you’d prefer we not link to your blog.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something