It’s time once again to honor the local heroes who make the Napa Valley an extraordinary place to call home.
For the seventh year, the Napa Valley Community Awards’ event “Celebrating Community” is inviting the public to nominate individuals and nonprofit organizations demonstrating outstanding commitment, creativity and leadership to the valley.
The awards, sponsored by The Napa Chamber Foundation and Mechanics Bank, pay tribute to inspiring over-achievers in the following categories:
• Outstanding Community Booster of the Year -- someone who represents and advances the spirit and values of the Napa Valley.
• Outstanding Healthcare Professional of the Year – a caring individual whose service illustrates the principle that a healthy community is a prime source of our strength.
• Outstanding Public Safety Person of the Year – a person who takes action beyond the call of duty to keep the community safe.
• Outstanding Napa Valley College Student of the Year -- a student who embodies superior leadership through academics and community involvement.
• Outstanding Hospitality Tourism Award – an individual or group whose efforts have made the Napa Valley more inviting and appealing to those beyond its borders.
• Outstanding Nonprofit Employee of the Year – a person who goes beyond mere job requirements, inspiring others to support a significant cause for the betterment of Napa Valley life.
• Outstanding Nonprofit Organization of the Year – a group that has provided concrete, transformative services to improve the quality of life here.
Anyone may nominate candidates in any of these categories. Nomination forms may be completed online at napachamberfoundation.org, or picked up at the offices of the Napa Chamber of Commerce, 1556 First Street, or Mechanics Bank, 433 Soscol Avenue. All nominations must be received by Tuesday, April 2nd.
To learn the identities of this year’s winners, tune in on Friday, April 19th to the 9 a.m. “Today in the Wine Country” program on KVON radio, 1440 on the AM dial.
All of the awardees will be feted at a “Celebrating Community” luncheon Thursday, May 30th at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa. Tickets are $68 and can be purchased online at napachamberfoundation.org
For further information about the Napa Valley Community Awards, contact the Napa Chamber at (707) 226-7455.
Napa Patch is now Napa Valley Patch! Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest news | Got something to say? Start a blog and share your views with the valley.