The City of Napa has a jam-packed summer calendar, including a Napa NASCAR Night, Napa Valley Shakespeare Festival, Main Street Reunion Car Show, Blues Brews & BBQ and the Artisans Festival, all of which are walking distance from Napa lodging properties.
- Brand new for 2014 is Napa NASCAR Night. Taking place June 21, from 3 to 9 p.m., experience a night at the races with cars, crews, music, food, beverages and live entertainment. The event is free and open to the public with additional entertainment for kids, making it a great family outing. Napa NASCAR Night features an appearance and Q&A with two Sprint Car favorites, Michael Annet and Reed Sorenson. Race teams will be on hand with their cars and the Sonoma Raceway Girls will be giving away fun promotional items. Summer nights, fast cars and live entertainment make for a great night full of fun and excitement in Napa.
- Napa Valley Shakespeare Festival returns August 14 through 17 for another year of wonderful free entertainment at Veteran’s Memorial Park in Downtown Napa. Enjoy lively productions of Shakespeare’s plays in a relaxing outdoor setting. The park opens for the audience at 5:30 p.m. with seating available on a first come, first served basis. Guests are welcome to bring blankets and folding chairs. This event is great for all ages and makes for the perfect family-friendly summer evening in Downtown Napa.
- The Main Street Reunion Car Show will kick-off on Friday, August 15, from 5 to 8:30 p.m. and continue Saturday August 16, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Main Street Reunion Car Show features over 400 pre-1976 cars on display throughout Downtown Napa. This event will be fun for all ages and parking and admission are free. Friday night from 6 to 9 p.m. will be the Show N' Shine portion of the event. The Juke Joint Band will be providing live music accompanied by cool cars, great food and tasty brews. Show N' Shine will take place in the north parking lot of 500 First Street near Oxbow Public Market in Downtown Napa. The Main Street Reunion Car Show is presented by Downtown Napa Association & Napa Valley Cruisers Car Club.
- Blues, Brews & BBQ will take place on Saturday, August 23, from 12 to 6 p.m. and feature all the elements one would expect – three musical stages, 30 microbrews and plenty of BBQ to go around; ribs, chicken, oysters, shrimp, corn and pork. The Bounty Hunter Rib Eatin’ Contest provides local pork lovers the opportunity to chow down in an attempt to munch the title away from last year’s champion. Additionally, event sponsor, Blue Moon Brewery will lead the charge at the Backyard Beer Garden, set to include brews that beer drinkers don’t normally get to taste, including two from Blue Moon and others. Admission to the event and parking is free. Tastes of all beers will be available for purchase to those 21 and over.
- Napa Artisans’ Festival combines art, wine, food and live entertainment on Saturday, September 6, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Napa Artisans’ Festival will be held at Veteran’s Park in Downtown Napa. Formerly known as the Napa Wine and Crafts Fair, this fun event will feature roughly 200 artists, local wine and live entertainment. Admission and parking are free. The showcased art will be hand selected by judges ensuring a great show. There will be plenty of food vendors and wine from downtown tasting rooms to ensure guests enjoy the ultimate Napa experience.
Downtown Napa offers even more entertainment options including Napa City Nights, Downtown Napa Culinary Crawls and shows at Silo’s, Uptown Theatre Napa and City Winery at the Napa Valley Opera House. Downtown Napa also always offers a variety of free parking options.
Info provided by DoNapa.com.