A Napa mother of four is raising money for the upcoming Napa Valley AIDS Walk 2012 with a series of fundraising events she's calling The Napa Artisan Fair.
"It's a great opportunity to help our community and at the same time support local artisan vendors," said Lisa Jaynes, who crafts small-batch skin care products for her Pure Skin Napa Valley line.
To help the AIDS Walk, Jaynes has gathered more than a dozen local artisans, along with regional confectioners and gift vendors, for the fair Oct. 14 and a somewhat different group for the sequel Oct. 21.
Admission to both Sunday events is free; raffle tickets, priced at $10 apiece, $20 for three or $80 for 15, will be pulled hourly for prizes including an "instant wine cellar" and an "ultimate beer lover's microbrew giveaway," each Sunday, Jaynes said.
Among the wineries donating to the instant wine cellars, she listed Stonehedge Winery, St. Supery Vineyards & Winery, Ceja, Yates Family Vineyard, Buonchristiani Family Winery, Silverado Vineyards, Expression Wines, Tetra and Hagafen.
The microbrew giveaway winners will receive goodies from Lagunitas Brewery, gift certificates to Downtown Joe's and several cases of craft beers and ales.
Fair vendors are also contributing raffle prizes worth at least $50 each, Jaynes said.
All of the raffle proceeds and Jaynes's net proceeds from the fair will be donated to the AIDS Walk, which benefits Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific, a provider of HIV prevention programming for the Napa Valley.
Vendors for Oct. 14 include:
- Pure Skin Napa Valley (Natural Skin Care and Body Products, Mineral Cosmetics)
- Whimzzie (Jewelry)
- Designs by PattieK (jewelry)
- PLP Designs (Jewelry)
- Sherri Gallagher Beadwork
- Violets for Alice (handmade jewelry, bags, etc)
- Puttin' on the Glitz (Wedding accessories)
- The Rose and The Nightingale (Tea Parties)
- Accessories Etc.
- Napa Scents (100% Luxury Soy Candles)
- Charline Ratcliff Sea Glass Jewelry
- Passion Stylz (Jewelry)
- Sandra Anfang, Artist
- DT Designs (scarves, hats, children's dress-up and accessories)
- Jack-Lynn Hill, Pastry Chef/ Confectioner
- Rosalyn Parhams Ceramic Artist
Jaynes has also invited some "non-artisan" vendors, she said:
- PBJ Imported Clothing
- Velata Chocolate Fondu
- Thirty One Gifts
- Celebrating Home Decor
Vendors for Oct. 21:
- Pure Skin Napa Valley
- Crystal Magpie, Handmade Jewelry
- Scentsy, Electric Scent Warmers
- GiGi Hill Bags
- Cookie Lee Jewelry
- It Works Wraps
- Passion Stylz Handmade Jewelry
- PLP Designs, Handmade Jewelry
- Rodan & Fields Dermatologists
- Napa Scents
- Charline Ratcliff
- Sandra Anfang
- Kim's Sweet Karma, Gourmet Cupcakes and Cake Pops
- Velata Chocolate Fondu
- Thirty One Bags
- Celebrating Home, Decor
- Velvet Otterhound, Handmade Jewelry
- Magpie Studio, Fused Glass Art
- Violets for Alice
- Extraordinary Blends, 25 year old Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oils
- Urban Poppy Art, Freehand Artist
The Napa Artisan fair takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and Oct. 21 at the Napa River Inn, 500 Main St., Napa, inside Hatt Hall on the second Floor.
The Napa Valley AIDS Walk 2012 takes place Oct. 27 at 8:30 a.m. in Veterans Memorial Park.