- “Art, Starbursts and Wings” by Matt Hanf, Elk Grove CA
- “How Santa Claus Came To Zone WHISKEY-ALPHA-ROMEO” by Jean W. Yeager, Chatham NY
- “It Practically Writes Itself” by Bodie Paden, Napa CA
- “New Year's Eve” by David MacGregor, Howell MI
- “Putting Away the Decorations” by Andrew Black, Indianapolis IN
- “Santa Story” by Mark Cornell, Chapel Hill NC
- “The Bones of the Earth” by Thomas Mercer, Martinez CA
- “The Knish Lady” by William Derringer, Albuquerque NM
“An 8 x 10 Holiday” is a co-production of Napa Valley Playhouse and Lucky Penny Productions. Auditions for interested actors will be held at 6:30pm on the evenings of Monday September 16 and Tuesday September 17at the Playhouse, 1637 Imola Avenue in Napa. The eight plays will be presented December 6-22 at NV Playhouse.
The ten-minute play event in 2012 was the first short play festival ever produced in Napa and drew large and enthusiastic audiences over two weekends. This year’s festival has been expanded to three weekends of performances.
Members of the audience over the course of the run will vote for the “People’s Choice” award winner. Authors of the prize winning plays will receive a $100 honorarium.
Tickets for the "An 8 x 10 Holiday" and information on other shows this season are
available through www.napavalleyplayhouse.org. Information
on Lucky Penny Productions, including the other shows in the 2013-14 season, is
available at www.luckypennynapa.com.